Farrah Mackenzie is an American actress and model who has been captivating audiences with her dynamic and emotionally complex characters. She is best known for her roles in the NBC television movies Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors and Dolly Parton’s Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love, as well as the Amazon thriller series Utopia and the CBS comedy series United States of Al. But behind her impressive resume lies a remarkable story of courage and resilience, as she has overcome a rare immune deficiency disorder that threatened her life and health.
Who are Farrah Mackenzie’s Parents?
Mackenzie was born on October 29, 2005, in Los Angeles, California. She is the only daughter of actors Andy Mackenzie and Angela Little, who divorced in 2014.
She is also the granddaughter of Will Mackenzie, a DGA Award-winning and Emmy Award-nominated director, and Patricia Cope MacKenzie, a former actress and model. She has four cousins: Cade, Drake, Jenny, and Michelle Mackenzie.
Farrah was exposed to the arts from a young age, as she grew up in a family of performers. She made her acting debut at the age of five, appearing in an indie fantasy short film called The Heart’s Eye View with her parents. Her father played a fireman who had to rescue her from a fire, but Farrah insisted that she also had a line in the film. She has been working ever since.
How Old is Farrah Mackenzie?
Farrah is an American actress and model who was born on October 29, 2005, in Los Angeles, California. She is currently 18 years old as of 2021. She comes from a family of actors and directors, as her parents are Angela Little and Andy Mackenzie, and her grandfather is Will Mackenzie.
Height & Weight
According to the web search results, Farrah is an American actress and model who has a height of 5 feet and 5 inches (1.65 meters) and a weight of 55 kilograms (121 pounds).
Her body measurements are 32 inches for her bust, waist, and hips. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She is of white ethnicity and has a slim body type.
Career in Acting
Farrah Mackenzie has established herself as a seasoned player in film and television, working with some of the most acclaimed actors and directors in the industry. Some of her notable credits include:
- Workaholics (2014): She guest-starred as a young girl named Emily in an episode of the Comedy Central sitcom.
- Stuck in the Middle (2016): She played Ellie Peters, a friend of Harley Diaz (Jenna Ortega), in two episodes of the Disney Channel comedy series.
- Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors (2015) and Dolly Parton’s Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love (2016): She portrayed Stella Parton, the younger sister of Dolly Parton (Alyvia Alyn Lind), in the NBC television movies based on the country singer’s childhood in Tennessee. The films were nominated for several awards, including an Emmy Award for Outstanding Television Movie.
- Logan Lucky (2017): She appeared as Sadie Logan, the daughter of Jimmy Logan (Channing Tatum) and Bobbie Jo Chapman (Katie Holmes), in the heist comedy film directed by Steven Soderbergh.
- Please Stand By (2017): She played a younger version of Wendy Walcott (Dakota Fanning), an autistic woman who runs away from her group home to submit her Star Trek script to a writing competition, in the drama film directed by Ben Lewin.
- Utopia (2020): She starred as Alice, an adopted foster child who is bright and curious, with an unrelenting resolve when thrown into a dangerous world, in the Amazon thriller series created by Gillian Flynn. The series follows a group of young comic book fans who discover that the conspiracy in a graphic novel is real and embark on a high-stakes adventure to save humanity.
- United States of Al (2021): She currently stars as Hazel, Riley (Parker Young), and Vanessa’s (Kelli Goss) smart, fearless, and adventurous daughter, in the CBS comedy series created by Chuck Lorre. The series follows the friendship between Riley, a Marine combat veteran struggling to readjust to civilian life in Ohio, and Awalmir aka Al (Adhir Kalyan), the interpreter who served with his unit in Afghanistan and has just arrived to start a new life in America.
- Leave the World Behind (2023): She will appear as Archie Sandford, the son of Amanda (Julia Roberts) and Clay Sandford (Ethan Hawke), in the upcoming Netflix psychological thriller film written and directed by Sam Esmail. The film is based on the 2020 novel of the same name by Rumaan Alam and follows a family vacation on Long Island that is interrupted by two strangers bearing news of a mysterious blackout.
|Date of Birth||October 29, 2005|
|Age||18 years old|
|Height||5 feet and 5 inches (1.65 meters)|
|Parents||Andy Mackenzie and Angela Little|
|Grandparents||Will Mackenzie and Patricia Cope MacKenzie|
|Cousins||Cade, Drake, Jenny, and Michelle Mackenzie|
|Occupation||Actress and Model|
|Net Worth||$150,000 (as of 2021)|
Is Farrah Mackenzie Single?
According to the media reports, Farrah is single (as of 2023). She does not have a boyfriend. If we get any details about her relationship, we will update it on our page. He Instagram profile shows that she likes to spend time with her family and friends.
Disability and Health Conditions
Farrah is not only a talented actress but also a brave fighter who has battled with a rare immune deficiency disorder since she was two years old. The condition, known as Primary Immune Deficiency Disorder or PID, causes her body to fight itself and attack her own organs, mainly her lungs. This resulted in lifelong breathing problems and stunted growth for Farrah.
She was diagnosed with PID when she was five years old after years of monthly immunoglobulin replacement therapy that did not work long-term. She enrolled in an NIH clinical study to try to identify the gene that might be responsible for her immune problems, but it took longer than expected. Meanwhile, the damage to her lungs had to be stopped right away.
In 2017, Farrah underwent a bone marrow transplant from an unrelated donor through the National Marrow Donor Program “Be The Match”. The transplant gave her a new immune system that has improved her health and quality of life significantly. She is now able to do many things that she could not do before, such as skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing, and playing guitar. She is also growing taller and stronger every day.
Farrah is grateful for the support of her family, friends, and fans, as well as the medical team at NIH and The Children’s Inn, a nonprofit that provides a home away from home for children and families participating in pediatric research at NIH. She is also an advocate for PID awareness and bone marrow donation, hoping to inspire others who are facing similar challenges.
Net Worth and Social Media
Farrah Mackenzie has a net worth of $150,000 as of 2021, according to online sources. She earns her income from her acting career and modeling gigs. She is expected to increase her fortune in the coming years as she continues to land more projects and roles.
Farrah is also active on social media, where she shares glimpses of her personal and professional life with her fans. She has over 10,000 followers on Instagram (@farrahmackenzie) and over 2,000 followers on Twitter (@farrahmackenzie). She also has an IMDb page where you can find more information about her filmography and awards.
- She made her acting debut at the age of five in an indie fantasy short film called The Heart’s Eye View with her parents.
- She was diagnosed with Primary Immune Deficiency Disorder or PID when she was five years old, a condition that causes her body to fight itself and attack her own organs, mainly her lungs.
- She underwent a bone marrow transplant from an unrelated donor in 2017 that gave her a new immune system that has improved her health and quality of life significantly.
- She is an advocate for PID awareness and bone marrow donation, hoping to inspire others who are facing similar challenges.
- She has worked with some of the most acclaimed actors and directors in the industry, such as Julia Roberts, Mahershala Ali, Ethan Hawke, John Cusack, Rainn Wilson, Sasha Lane, Channing Tatum, Katie Holmes, Dakota Fanning, Steven Soderbergh, Gillian Flynn, Chuck Lorre, and Sam Esmail.
- She will appear in the upcoming Netflix psychological thriller film Leave the World Behind written and directed by Sam Esmail.