Katherine Asman is a graduate student and a goalkeeper for the Penn State women’s soccer team. She has been a key player for the Nittany Lions since 2019, helping them win two Big Ten titles and reach the NCAA Sweet Sixteen twice. She is also a distinguished scholar and a U.S. national team prospect. Here is everything you need to know about her.
|Name||Katherine Grace Asman|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1997|
|Age||26 years old (as of 2023)|
|Place of Birth||Roswell, Georgia|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|College||Penn State University|
|Parents||Paul and Jennifer Asman|
|Siblings||Sam Asman (older brother)|
Katherine Asman Age & Education
Katherine Asman was born on May 19, 1997, in Roswell, Georgia, to Paul and Jennifer Asman. She has an older brother, Sam, who plays lacrosse at Denison University. She attended Roswell High School, but did not play high school soccer. Instead, she played club soccer for NASA Tophat Soccer Club and won the 2017 South East Conference title. She also advanced to the 2017 final eight round championship.
Asman was a talented goalkeeper from a young age and was rostered with the U.S. women’s national team at the U-14, U-16, U-17, and U-18 levels. She also participated in a training camp with the U-18 U.S. women’s national team in February 2018.
Asman chose Penn State University for her college education and soccer career. She said that she fell in love with the campus and the environment of the Penn State women’s soccer program when she visited for the first time. She also liked the academic opportunities and the support system that Penn State offered.
Height, Weight & Stats
- Height: She is 5 feet 10 inches tall, which is above the average height of American women.
- Weight: She weighs 150 lbs, which is within the healthy range for her height and age according to the Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator.
- Body stats: She has a fit and athletic physique, as she is a goalkeeper for the Penn State women’s soccer team. She trains regularly and maintains a balanced diet. She also has blonde hair and blue eyes.
College Soccer Career
Asman joined Penn State in 2018 as a freshman, but utilized her redshirt season. She was a member of the 2018 Big Ten Championship team.
In 2019, as a redshirt freshman, she appeared in five games with four starts. She made 14 saves in her first season of competition. She recorded her first collegiate win in net against Loyola Marymount on September 1, 2019. She also made a save on a penalty kick in the 72nd minute to secure a 2-1 win over James Madison on September 8, 2019.
In 2021 spring, as a redshirt sophomore, she started 15 games in net for the Nittany Lions. She tied for fifth in a single season in winning percentage (.829, 11-3-1) and goals allowed (13) in program history. She had a 0.88 goals against average and made 63 saves. She recorded seven shutouts during the regular season. She was named Big Ten Goalkeeper of the Week on March 22, 2021. She also collected Academic All-Big Ten honors and was named Big Ten Distinguished Scholar.
In 2021 fall, as a redshirt junior, she started all 21 games for the Nittany Lions. She went 15-5-3 and made 84 saves in 2019.17 minutes of action. She had nine shutout performances and tallied a .981 goals against average. She averaged 3.65 saves a game and finished with a .792 save percentage. She was named Big Ten Goalkeeper of the Week on September 14, 2021 and October 16, 2021.
She also made a career-high nine saves against No.12 Northwestern on November 3, 2021 in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals and two saves against No.6 Michigan State on November 6, 2021 in the Big Ten Tournament championship game. She helped Penn State win its second consecutive Big Ten title and was named to the Big Ten Women’s Soccer All-Tournament Team and Defensive Player of the Tournament.
In the NCAA Tournament, she made three saves against Quinnipiac on November 13, 2021 in the first round and two saves against West Virginia on November 18, 2021 in the second round. She recorded her career-high 11 saves against No.11 USC on November 19, 2021 in the third round, but Penn State lost 2-1 and was eliminated from the tournament.
In 2022 fall, as a graduate student and a fifth-year senior, she is expected to return as the starting goalkeeper for Penn State and lead the team to another successful season.
Who are Katherine Asman’s Parents & Siblings?
According to the web search results, Katherine Asman’s parents are Paul and Jennifer Asman. She has an older brother, Sam, who plays lacrosse at Denison University.
Boyfriend and Interests
Katherine Asman is majoring in business at Penn State. She is a smart and hard-working student who balances her academic and athletic responsibilities well. She is also a generous and kind person who cares about her teammates and her community. She has participated in various service projects, such as THON, the largest student-run philanthropy in the world that raises money for pediatric cancer research and support.
Asman is active on social media, especially Instagram, where she has over 4,000 followers. She posts pictures of her soccer games, her friends, her family, and her travels. She also shares motivational quotes and inspirational messages. She has a positive and upbeat personality that shines through her posts.
Asman’s relationship status is Committed. She is dating JP Robinson, according to her Instagram profile. She seems to be focused on her soccer career and her education at the moment.
Katherine Asman’s hobbies and interests include reading, listening to music, watching movies, and spending time with her loved ones. She also enjoys traveling and exploring new places. Some of the places she has visited include Ireland, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, England, Scotland, and Canada. She likes to share her photos on her Instagram account @katherineasmann
- Katherine was born on May 19, 1997, which makes her a Taurus.
- Katherine Asman wears the number 26 jersey for Penn State.
- She is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 150 lbs.
- She has an older brother, Sam, who plays lacrosse at Denison University.
- She played club soccer for NASA Tophat Soccer Club and won the 2017 South East Conference title.
- Katherine was rostered with the U.S. women’s national team at the U-14, U-16, U-17, and U-18 levels.
- Katherine chose Penn State because she fell in love with the campus and the environment of the Penn State women’s soccer program.
- Katherine Asman has been a key player for Penn State since 2019, helping them win two Big Ten titles and reach the NCAA Sweet Sixteen twice.
- Katherine has made 161 saves in her college soccer career so far.
- She has recorded 18 shutouts in her college soccer career so far.
- She was named Big Ten Goalkeeper of the Week four times in her college soccer career so far.
- Katherine was named to the Big Ten Women’s Soccer All-Tournament Team and Defensive Player of the Tournament in 2021.