Lee Si-young is a South Korean actress and former amateur boxer. She has starred in various movies and dramas such as Sweet Home, The Guardians, and The Birth of the Rich. She is also known for her appearance on the reality show We Got Married with Jun Jin of Shinhwa. She is married to entrepreneur Cho Seong-hyun. She has a son named Jo Jung-yoon. Here are some more facts about Lee Si-young that you may not know:
Lee Si-young Boyfriend & Past Relationships
Lee Si-young is a famous actress and former boxer. She has had several relationships in the past. According to the web search results, some of her ex-boyfriends are:
- Jun Jin: He is a member of the boy band Shinhwa and was paired with Lee Si-young on the reality show We Got Married in 2009. They became the first couple to have a real relationship outside the show, but they broke up after six months.
- Kim Young-kwang: He is an actor and model who co-starred with Lee Si-young in the drama Birth of the Rich in 2010. They dated for two years until 2012, when they decided to end their relationship due to their busy schedules.
- Cho Seong-hyun: He is an entrepreneur who is nine years older than Lee Si-young. They got married in 2017 and had a son named Jo Jung-yoon in 2018. However, they divorced in 2020 after three years of marriage.
Lee Si-young is currently single and focusing on her career and her son. She has not been linked to any new romantic partners as of August 2023. She is also active on social media, where she shares her daily life and her hobbies such as boxing, painting, and cooking.
Age & Family
Lee Si-young is a South Korean actress and former boxer who was born on April 17, 1982. She is currently 41 years old as of August 2023. Her birth name is Lee Eun-rae and she was born in Cheongwon County, North Chungcheong Province, South Korea.
Her family moved to Seoul when she was 9 years old. She majored in Fashion Design at Dongduk Women’s University and later changed her name to Lee Si-young.
Latest News August 2023
- Lee Si-young is set to return to the small screen with a new historical drama produced by MBC. She received an offer to star in Park’s Contract Marriage Story. It is based on a webtoon of the same name, which depicts the chaotic marriage between two individuals who badly need a spouse for their own personal gain. She is considering the role of Park Yeon-woo. Park is a bold and eccentric woman who stops at nothing to achieve her goals in life.
- Lee Si-young also made a special cameo appearance in Seoul Vibe, an action drama film starring Yoo Ah-in and Go Kyung-pyo. It was released on Netflix in August 2023. She played a mysterious woman who helps the protagonists escape from a dangerous situation.
- Lee Si-young participated in Zombieverse, a Korean reality apocalypse survival series created by Netflix. She joined other celebrities such as Ro Hong-chul, Park Na-Rae, and Tsuki from Billie, to survive a zombie outbreak in Seoul. The show aired on August 8, 2023, and received positive feedback from viewers for its thrilling and realistic concept.
Lee Si-young is a talented actress and a former amateur boxer who has won several championships in the past. She started boxing in 2010 while preparing for a drama that was not aired. She continued to pursue her passion for the sport. She competed in various national and regional tournaments and even dreamed of representing South Korea in the 2016 Olympics. However, she had to retire from boxing in 2015 due to chronic shoulder injuries. Here are some more details about her boxing career:
- She won her first amateur title at the 47th Seoul Amateur Boxing Match in 2011. She defeated her opponent by a referee stop count (RSC) in the third round.
- She won her second title at the 33rd President’s Cup Amateur Boxing Contest in 2012, where she also won by RSC in the third round.
- She made history by becoming the first mainstream celebrity to be a national athlete when she won her third title at the 24th National Amateur Boxing Championships in 2013. She was selected as a member of the national team and received a plaque of appreciation from the Korean Boxing Federation.
- She also participated in the 25th National Amateur Boxing Championships in 2014, where she reached the quarterfinals but lost to Kim Ju-hee by a split decision.
- She announced her retirement from boxing in September 2015, after suffering from shoulder dislocation and undergoing surgery. She said that she wanted to focus on her acting career and her family.
|Birth Name||Lee Eun-rae|
|Birth Date||April 17, 1982|
|Birth Place||Cheongwon County, North Chungcheong Province, South Korea|
|Alma Mater||Dongduk Women’s University|
|Occupation||Actress, amateur boxer|
|Spouse||Cho Seong-hyun (m. 2017)|
Husband & Kids
Lee Si-young is a famous actress and former boxer who has been married once and has a son. According to the web search results, her husband and kids are:
- Cho Seong-hyun: He is an entrepreneur who is nine years older than Lee Si-young. He works in the restaurant industry, at a hotel in Seoul. The couple met through their mutual friend and began dating in August 2016. Their wedding was held on September 30, 2017, in an intimate ceremony.
- Jo Jung-yoon: He is the son of Lee Si-young and Cho Seong-hyun. He was born on January 7, 2018. He looks just like his mother, with a bright smile and a good vocabulary. He likes books and speaks nicely. Lee Si-young calls him her human vitamin.
Lee Si-young and Cho Seong-hyun divorced in 2020 after three years of marriage. The reason for their divorce was not revealed, but they said they would remain as good friends and parents for their son.
Lee Si-young is currently single and focusing on her career and her son. She is also active on social media, where she shares her daily life and her hobbies such as boxing, painting, and cooking.
Facts of Information
- Lee Si-young made her acting debut in 2008 in a guest appearance on season 3 of the Super Action TV procedural Urban Legends Deja Vu.
- In 2009, she rose to mainstream popularity when she joined the cast of We Got Marriedanime.
- They became the first couple to officially have a real relationship outside the show, but they broke up after six months.
- In 2010, she began hosting Entertainment Relay (also known as Entertainment Weekly).
- In 2010, she also entered and won the 7th Annual Women’s Amateur Boxing Competition in the 48-kg class.
- She continued to pursue boxing as a hobby and won several titles, including the 24th National Amateur Boxing Championships in 2013. She became the first mainstream celebrity to also become a national athlete in South Korea. She dreamed of representing South Korea in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, but she retired from boxing in 2015 due to injuries.
- In 2011, she was nominated for a Rookie Actor/Actress KBS Drama Award for her work on Birth of a Rich (also known as Becoming a Billionaire), where she played a spoiled, Paris Hilton-esque chaebol heiress.
- In 2014, she played Bae-kkob, a female gambler who helps a Go master seek revenge against his enemies in The Divine Move, a film that combines Go and action genres. She learned how to play Go and performed her own stunts for the film.
- In 2017, she starred in The Guardians as Jo Soo-ji, a former detective who joins a group of vigilantes to catch criminals who escaped justice.
- She received positive reviews for her action scenes and emotional performance. She also won the Top Excellence Award for an Actress in a Monday-Tuesday Drama at the MBC Drama Awards.
- In 2019, she starred in Liver or Die as Lee Hwa-sang, one of the siblings of a middle-aged man who faces various troubles with his family and life.
- She showed her comedic skills and chemistry with her co-stars in this family drama.
- She also won the Excellence Award for an Actress in a Serial Drama at the KBS Drama Awards.
- In 2020, she starred in Sweet Home as Seo Yi-kyung. She impressed viewers with her physical transformation and action scenes in this horror thriller series.
- In 2021, she starred in The Red Sleeve as Queen Yoo So-woon. She portrayed the love and hardships of the queen who was involved in a political struggle. She also sang a song for the drama’s soundtrack: “The Red Sleeve”.
- In 2022, she starred in The Law Cafe as Kim Ji-hye, a hot-tempered yet fabulous lawyer who owns a cafe and solves various cases with her partner, played by Lee Seung-gi. She showcased her charm and versatility in this romantic comedy series.