Anne Miller is the wife of the late Michael Gambon, a renowned British-Irish actor who played Albus Dumbledore in most of the Harry Potter films. She was married to him for over six decades, despite his affair with a younger woman and having children with her. Here are some facts about Anne and her life with Michael Gambon.
Information To Know
|Birth Date||78-80 years old (not confirmed)|
|Birth Place||The United Kingdom|
|Spouse||Michael Gambon (m. 1962 – d. 2023)|
|Children||Fergus Gambon (b. 1964)|
|Net Worth||$800K (approx.)|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches (estimated)|
Early Life and Education
Not much is known about Anne Miller’s early life and education. She was a mathematician by profession and met Michael Gambon when he was just starting out in theater and his career. They married in 1962 when he was 22 years old and she was presumably around the same age. According to a guess, Anne is around 78-80 years old as of 2023.
Anne is a mathematician who studied at the University of Cambridge. She has a PhD in number theory and has published several papers on the topic. Anne also has a passion for pottery and bookbinding. She makes her own pottery and sells them online. She also loves to bind books with leather and gold leaf.
Anne and Michael had a troubled marriage due to his infidelity. He had a long-term affair with actress Philippa Hart, with whom he had two sons, Tom and Will. Anne and Michael separated in 2009, but never divorced. They remained married until his death in 2023.
Marriage with Michael Gambon
Anne Miller and Michael Gambon had a long-lasting marriage that spanned over six decades. They lived in Gravesend, Kent, and had one son, Fergus Gambon, born in 1964. They were known for guarding their personal life closely and rarely appeared in public together. Gambon once intriguingly responded to an interviewer’s inquiry about his wife by questioning, “What wife?”
However, their marriage was not without troubles. In 2002, it was revealed that Gambon had been having a secret affair with Philippa Hart, a set designer who was 25 years his junior. He also had two sons with her, Tom and Will, born in 2007 and 2009 respectively. Gambon reportedly divided his time between his two families and maintained a good relationship with both of them.
Anne Miller was said to be “devastated” by the discovery of her husband’s second family, but she chose to stay with him until his death in 2023. She never spoke publicly about the affair or the impact it had on her marriage.
Harry Potter star Michael Gambon dies of pneumonia at 82
According to the statement released by his family, Michael Gambon died of pneumonia on September 28, 2023, at the age of 82. He was in the hospital with his wife Anne and son Fergus at his bedside. He was a renowned actor who played the role of Dumbledore in six of the Harry Potter films.
He also had a distinguished career in theater and television. He won three Laurence Olivier Awards and four British Academy Television Awards for his performances. He was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1998 for his services to drama. He is survived by his wife, son, and two other sons from his affair with actress Philippa Hart.
How Rich is Anne?
Anne Miller’s net worth and height are unknown. She presumably inherited some of her husband’s fortune after his death. Michael Gambon had an estimated net worth of $15 million at the time of his passing. He was 5 feet 10 inches tall.
Things You Don’t Know About Michael Gambon’s Wife
- Anne Miller was a mathematician who worked on complex equations.
- She married Michael Gambon when he was a struggling actor and supported him throughout his career.
- She rarely attended red carpet events or premieres with her husband.
- She was unaware of her husband’s affair with Philippa Hart for over a decade.
- She never divorced her husband despite his infidelity and had a “dignified” attitude towards the situation.
- She had one son, Fergus Gambon, who is also an actor and has appeared in films such as Gosford Park and The King’s Speech.
- She was reportedly close to her stepsons, Tom and Will, who called her “Granny Anne”.
- She lived in a 300-year-old farmhouse in Kent with her husband.
- She enjoyed gardening and growing vegetables in her spare time.
- She was described by her husband as “very clever” and “very funny”.
- She was devastated by her husband’s death in 2023 due to complications from Alzheimer’s disease.
- She was praised by fans and friends for being a loyal and loving wife to Michael Gambon despite his affair.